NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Seeking Nevada Organizations interested in developing national service programs to address critical community needs
Nevada, Statewide, September 14, 2020– Nevada Volunteers is pleased to release this Notice of Funding Opportunity which requests applications from Nevada organizations and agencies interested in receiving AmeriCorps funding to recruit, place, and supervise AmeriCorps members. Nevada is excited to open this Notice of Funding Opportunity for nonprofits, faith-based organizations or government entities looking to make a positive impact through development of a national service program in Nevada for the 2021-2022 grant year beginning September 1, 2021.
AmeriCorps programs support local community efforts through member assignments which provide direct service and capacity-building activities, while also mobilizing volunteers. Nevada Volunteers, and the Corporation for National and Community Service, seek to prioritize the investment of national service resources in the following areas:
- Economic Opportunity – increasing economic opportunities for communities by engaging opportunity youth to prepare them for the workforce.
- Education - improving school readiness, improving education outcomes, and preparing students for success in post-secondary institutions.
- Healthy Futures – reducing and/or preventing prescription drug and opioid abuse.
- Veterans and Military Families – positively impacting the quality of life of veterans and improving military family strength.
- Rural Intermediaries – organizations that demonstrate measurable impact and primarily serve rural communities with limited resources and organizational infrastructure.\
- Faith-based organizations
- Programs that reduce child poverty
- Programs that address homelessness
- Environmental Stewardship
- Economic Mobility Corps – a joint initiative with the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund to place national service members at Certified Community Development Financial Institutions to enhance their capacity to provide financial literacy, financial planning, budgeting, saving, and other financial counseling activities in distressed and underserved areas
Organizations interested in applying for this funding should review the full Notice of Funding Opportunity and additional training and technical assistance information on the Nevada Volunteers Website: https://nevadavolunteers.org/americorps/americorps-funding/
Please note that this Notice of Funding Opportunity is for competitive grants. An additional NOFO for formula programs will be released January 2021. If you are thinking about applying for an AmeriCorps grant for the first time, please contact Alicia Blood, Program Officer, at email@example.com or 775-825-1900
prior to starting your application.
- November 12, 2020
(5:00 pm PST): Draft applications due
- December 18, 2020
(5:00 pm PST): Final applications and additional documents due
- May 2021
: Applicants will be notified of funding decision
TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Training and Technical Assistance is available on the Nevada Volunteers website at: