FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Amber Martin-Jahn
(775) 825-1900 | email@example.com
Governor’s Points of Light Awards Nomination Deadline Extended
RENO|LAS VEGAS, May 31, 2017— The deadline to submit nominations for the Governor’s Points of Light Awards has been extended through June 16, 2017. The Governor’s Points of Light Awards celebrate the extraordinary volunteer efforts of Nevadans and is the highest volunteer honor bestowed by Nevada Volunteers and the State. Finalists selected by a panel of judges, will be recognized at the Governor’s Points of Light Awards Ceremony on October 5, 2017 at the Flamingo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Nomination categories are:
- Northern Nevada Individual Volunteer
- Southern Nevada Individual Volunteer
- Rural Nevada Individual Volunteer
- Nonprofit or Community Organization Volunteer Program
- Corporate or Business Volunteer Program
- Volunteer Program Serving Veterans
- Volunteer Manager
“I’m proud that service above self and volunteerism is a way of life in Nevada. Every day and in every corner of our state people are coming together to help others and improve the communities we call home. Please join me in recognizing the countless individuals and organizations serving Nevada by submitting a nomination for the Governor’s Points of Light Awards. I hope you’ll join me in thanking Nevada’s exceptional volunteers for their dedication to service” said Governor Brian Sandoval
Nomination criteria include individuals and organizations in Nevada who through volunteerism:
1) Show achievement that is exemplary, far exceeds expectations, and is measurable.
2) Address a need not previously met in the community.
3) Demonstrate innovation by applying a new solution to an existing social program.
4) Exemplify mobilization by empowering the community to support the program or event as demonstrated by the quantity or quality of volunteers.
5) Show endurance or sustainability by developing a long-term solution to significant social issues through hands-on volunteer service. The service must be direct and ongoing, rather than a one-time activity, except for short-term crisis situations.
Nominations are due prior to 11:59 P.M. PST on June 16th and can be submitted at http://bit.ly/2017GPOL. Individuals submitting nominations should be aware that finalists are required to attend the Governor’s Points of Light Award Ceremony. Organizations and individuals being nominated should notify Nevada Volunteers if travel assistance is requested.