– Amber Martin-Jahn
Who We Are
Nevada Volunteers (a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization) is the Governor’s commission that selects and administers AmeriCorps*State programs in Nevada. We also serve as Nevada’s primary resource center for volunteer and service efforts.
Strengthening Nevada Through AmeriCorps and Volunteerism.
What We Do
- We inspire people to engage in acts of giving and service.
- We seek funding to meet critical needs in Nevada through service and volunteerism.
- We inspire a culture of volunteerism that affects lives and enhances quality of life for all.
When We Started
We have been helping Nevadans use service and volunteerism to address unmet needs and strengthen their communities since 1994. We became a nonprofit commission in 1998.
Where We Are Located
We are based in Reno, but our presence is statewide.
How We Do What We Do
- We receive support from three sources:
- AmeriCorps federal funding
- The State of Nevada matching operational funds
- Private dollars (sponsorships, in-kind donations, and grants)
- We award and manage AmeriCorps*State funds, a national service program that rewards citizens for serving their communities with a stipend and education award.
- We coordinate and maintain a growing statewide network of volunteer opportunities.
- We administer the Governor’s Volunteer Service Recognition Certificate.
- We host the Governor’s Points of Light Awards to honor outstanding volunteer citizens, organizations, and businesses.