- This event has passed.
Nuts and Bolts 1.0– Reno
November 14 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
New to volunteer engagement?
Want to freshen up on the basics?
Join Nevada Volunteers for a full day training in Reno, designed for those new to volunteer engagement or wanting to brush up on the latest trends. You will learn effective ways to recruit and engage volunteers, recognition and retention strategies, tracking and impact measures, and goal-setting.
During this training series, you will learn:
- Core competencies needed to engage and manage volunteers
- Organizational groundwork for a solid volunteer program
- How to identify strategic roles for volunteers
- Recruitment strategies, including targeted recruitment for skilled volunteers
- How to calculate the value of volunteer services
- Onboarding practices, including orientation and training
- How to effectively supervise and recognize volunteers
- How to keep yourself healthy and sane as a professional
- How to build advocates and partners, both internal and external, for volunteer engagement
Get more information about the training topics and training locations on the Nuts and Bolts 1.0 Flier.
Please register by November 7, 2017.
Registration is $20 per person and includes the full day of training and lunch. There is no charge for national service members or staff at organizations who host national service members.